Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Help Me Rhonda Help Me Rhonda is offline

Default How do I assign who is the current reviewer?

I am tracking changes to a document. When I make a change, how do I let Word
know who I am so that all changes and comments introduced are assigned to me
with my assigned color? It currently has defaulted to some Microsoft type
name.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The user name that appears in a tracked change is determined by the value in
the "Name" field in Tools Options User Information tab at the time when
the change is made. Select Tools Options User Information tab and enter
your name in the "Name" field. Your name will then be applied to future
changes made by you but it will not affect changes you have already made.

As regards the color applied to tracked changes:
If you set the "Color" options in Tools Options Track Changes tab to "By
author", the changes made by different users will be applied different
colors. However, you cannot determine which color is used.

For more details about how track changes work (incl. information about how
colors are allocated to different users), see:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg