Ronnie

Default can't save word documents

i can't save my word documents. when i try to save my documents, the program
freezes, always. i just bought the microsoft office system 2003, student and
teacher edition. can anyone help?
Assia

Hi, try the detect and repair command from the help menu be ready to use the
software.

"Ronnie" wrote:

i can't save my word documents. when i try to save my documents, the program
freezes, always. i just bought the microsoft office system 2003, student and
teacher edition. can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karien Karien is offline

I have already tried the "detect and repair" option, but to no avail. I have
to save every sentence I type and then after about five minutes of typing,
the program freezes and I have to exit via the Task Manager. I noticed that
the CPU usage is at 100% when that happens. Do I have to uninstall Office
and re-install? I have also cleaned my disk of any unwanted software and did
a Disk Cleanup, as well as a Defragmentation. Could the problem be that my
motherboard is on the blink? The laptop is about 4½ year old and was working
fine until about two weeks ago.