hellis hellis is offline
Junior Member

Default Word - Change landscape to Portrait ??

I am writing an article in Word - the page is in `landscape` - I went to Orientation and clicked portrait with no change to the layout, any advice ?

Thanks
Hellis
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know what "going to Orientation" is, but you need to go to the
Page Setup panel (tiny arrow at the lower right of the Page Setup
group), Margins tab, choose Portrait, and at the bottom be sure
"Entire document' is selected (rather than "This section" or "From
this point forward.")

(How did you make it change in the first place?)

--
hellis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Page Layout tab | Orientation should apply to the current section only. If
you make use of the Page Setup dialog box, you'll get more control (as Peter
explained).

However, if the problem is with *line breaks*, make sure that each text
"line" wasn't terminated with a paragraph mark (¶), created by pressing
Enter. To do that, click the ¶ button (so that you can see nonprinting
marks).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hellis" wrote in message ...

I am writing an article in Word - the page is in `landscape` - I went to
Orientation and clicked portrait with no change to the layout, any
advice ?

Thanks
Hellis

--
hellis

hellis hellis is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post

On Feb 8, 8:24*am, hellis wrote:
I am writing an article in Word - the page is in `landscape` - I went to
Orientation and clicked portrait with no change to the layout, any
advice ?

Thanks
Hellis

--
hellis
Hi Peter and Stephan

Thank you for your replies. I have no idea how I ended up with this landscape problem, I shut down mw and all was fine, when I opened the next day it filled my screen.

I followed your instructions and nothing has changed :-(

Regards

Henry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Maybe your normat.dot template got changed????

You can open the template itself with Office button Open Templates
and fix it there. (Type and delete one character of text in the
template, to be sure that Word knows a change was made, before closing
it, to force it to ask you whether to save the changes.)

On Feb 8, 8:24*am, hellis wrote:-
I am writing an article in Word - the page is in `landscape` - I went
Orientation and clicked portrait with no change to the layout, any
advice ?

Thanks
Hellis

--
hellis-

Hi Peter and Stephan

Thank you for your replies. I have no idea how I ended up with this
landscape problem, I shut down mw and all was fine, when I opened the
next day it filled my screen.

I followed your instructions and nothing has changed :-(

Regards

Henry

--
hellis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"hellis" wrote in message ...

Hi Peter and Stephan

Thank you for your replies. I have no idea how I ended up with this
landscape problem, I shut down mw and all was fine, when I opened the
next day it filled my screen.

I followed your instructions and nothing has changed :-(

Regards

Henry

If you are saying that this now happens in *all* documents, follow Peter's
instructions in his most recent reply.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP