Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chiara14 Chiara14 is offline

Default How do I use double spacing between words instead of one space?

I am doing an assignment and I need to type my work with double spacing
between words instead of a single space. How do I adjust the spacing between
words
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I use double spacing between words instead of one space?

Sure, I can help you with that! To adjust the spacing between words in Microsoft Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Highlight the text you want to adjust the spacing for. If you want to adjust the spacing for the entire document, press "Ctrl" + "A" to select all the text.
  3. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. Look for the "Paragraph" section in the ribbon and click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the section to open the Paragraph dialog box.
  5. In the Paragraph dialog box, look for the "Spacing" section. Under "Line spacing," select "Double" from the drop-down menu.
  6. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

That's it! Your text should now have double spacing between words. If you want to adjust the spacing for the entire document, make sure to select all the text before following these steps.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:42:01 -0700, Chiara14
wrote:

I am doing an assignment and I need to type my work with double spacing
between words instead of a single space. How do I adjust the spacing between
words

You don't -- not in Word.

When you're all done typing, you could use the Replace dialog to
replace one space character with two space characters, and click the
Replace All button. Just don't try to do this more than once, or
you'll wind up with four spaces between words.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It seems likely that the assignment simply wants double spacing --
which refers to the space between lines, not the space between words.

You do that in Format Paragraph.

wrote:
I am doing an assignment and I need to type my work with double spacing
between words instead of a single space. How do I adjust the spacing between
words

You don't -- not in Word.

When you're all done typing, you could use the Replace dialog to
replace one space character with two space characters, and click the
Replace All button. Just don't try to do this more than once, or
you'll wind up with four spaces between words.

Fisheye Travel Fisheye Travel is offline
Junior Member

Thank you for your solution. Just simple use the "replace" function in word to replace one space to double space and everything is ordered

Thank
https://fisheyetravel.com
Thalow Thalow is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheye Travel View Post
Thank you for your solution. Just simple use the "replace" function in word to replace one space to double space and everything is ordered

website
https://fisheyetravel.com
thanks so so much! your post has saved so much of my headaches and hard work, time and money as well! thanks! may i ask you other quesitons in case i would have some?

Last edited by Thalow : January 17th 19 at 03:48 PM Reason: grammar