Shelley C Shelley C is offline
Junior Member

Default How to cross reference e.g. 1(A)

Hi
I've been searching the internet on how I can cross reference numbers and letters together. I have a document with one schedule but it has 21 parts to that schedule e.g. part 1, part 2, part 3(A), part 3(B). I can cross reference the number of the part but not the letter in brackets. Can anyone help with this query please.

Many thanks
Shelley C
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure you can get the parentheses into the cross reference --
unless they're part of the paragraph numbering? -- but when you insert
a Cross Reference to a Numbered Paragraph, there's a line in the drop-
down labeled "(full context)." That should give you the whole string
of numbers/letters in the outline. When you select that, you also get
to choose the mark that separates the numbers.