Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
pwrmngr pwrmngr is offline

Default Date auto complete in Word 2007

Hi there, I am using Office 2007 and I am unable for the life of me get
word to Auto Complete the date.

Any suggestions?

You used to be able to start typing April and it would offer to fill in
then space would offer to fill int he current date.

Thanx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

It doesn't any more. This feature was so screwed up (especially in non-US
date formats - the rest of the World) that it has gone.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"pwrmngr" wrote in message
Hi there, I am using Office 2007 and I am unable for the life of me get
word to Auto Complete the date.

Any suggestions?

You used to be able to start typing April and it would offer to fill in
then space would offer to fill int he current date.

Thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Date AutoComplete may not be useful (I always turn it off), but it is
certainly still available in Word 2007.

The difference is that you need a macro to turn it on or off. Press Alt+F11
to display the Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to activate the Immediate
window. Type

Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = True

(or = False to disable the option) and press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"pwrmngr" wrote in message
Hi there, I am using Office 2007 and I am unable for the life of me get
word to Auto Complete the date.

Any suggestions?

You used to be able to start typing April and it would offer to fill in
then space would offer to fill int he current date.

Thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Stefan

Yes, I remember now deactivating it! I've been so happy with it being off
that I thought it was standard. I'd be so lucky!

Terry

Date AutoComplete may not be useful (I always turn it off), but it is