Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bjoeran1 bjoeran1 is offline

Default Word 2007 - Title in Properties from template in File Name - only

In my template I have written e.g. :

TIAn.nn_CMP_DID_Feature Name

When I create a new document from this template and save the document, the
suggested file name is:

TIAn

Why can't Word understand that I want the WHOLE text from the Title in the
Properties from the template as a suggested file name? It looks like both
dots and hyphens will "break" the name.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is true in all versions of Word: the suggested filename stops at the
first punctuation mark or line/paragraph break.

http://word.mvps.org

"bjoeran1" wrote in message
In my template I have written e.g. :

TIAn.nn_CMP_DID_Feature Name

When I create a new document from this template and save the document, the
suggested file name is:

TIAn

Why can't Word understand that I want the WHOLE text from the Title in the
Properties from the template as a suggested file name? It looks like both
dots and hyphens will "break" the name.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bjoeran1 bjoeran1 is offline

Default Word 2007 - Title in Properties from template in File Name - o

Thanks Suzanne!

That is very annoying though . . .

"bjoeran1" wrote in message
In my template I have written e.g. :

TIAn.nn_CMP_DID_Feature Name

When I create a new document from this template and save the document, the
suggested file name is:

TIAn

Why can't Word understand that I want the WHOLE text from the Title in the
Properties from the template as a suggested file name? It looks like both
dots and hyphens will "break" the name.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm used to it; I just add back the part that I want. You'll note that the
Title field in the Document Properties does usually have a longer string;
I'm not sure why this isn't used as the suggested filename.

http://word.mvps.org