TerryD TerryD is offline
Junior Member

Default Replacement in word

I have a database in excel that needs to be in a certain format. I have to copy a list of names, often in 1000s, from word. The problem I have is the list in word is as follows:

Amparo-tab--tab-Moreno
Bernat-tab--tab-Puig
Xavier-tab--tab-Basté
Oriol-tab--tab-Ferrer
Àlex-tab--tab-Escorihuela
Elisabeth-tab--tab-Ferrer
Joan-tab--tab-Carles-tab--tab-Ramón
Margarita-tab--tab-Genova
Felipe-tab--tab-Oglanca
Carlos-tab--tab-Grané
Francesc-tab--tab-Góngora
Joan-tab--tab-Vidal
David-tab--tab-Casamitjana
Ricard-tab--tab-Camprodón
Manuel-tab--tab-Lizancos
Joan-tab--tab-Lara
Boris-tab--tab-Zapata
Xavier-tab--tab-Palou
Jaime-tab--tab-Puig
Jesús-tab--tab-Escosa
Joan-tab--tab-Enric-tab--tab-Madico
Jordi-tab--tab-Florensa

Where -tab- is an actual tab. If there are just two names it copies nicely back into 3 columns in excel. The problem is where there are 3 or 4 names. Is there anyway I can replace FirstName-tab--tab-MiddleName-tab--tab-LastName with FirstName-tab-MiddleName-tab-LastName where MiddleName changes everytime? Can I use a wildcard and if so how do I do it?
I Hope this makes sense.