#1   Report Post  

Question Using Pagination, Headers and Section Endnotes Simultaneously

I engaged someone to format a document for me in Word 2003. The document calls for having pagination and headers, as well as endnotes unique to each section. In other words, for example, the idea is to have the endnotes for chapter 1 appear at the end of chapter 1 and so on.

Now the individual I engaged is telling me: "When I put the section break in to stop/start the header/footer, it thinks we want the endnotes there. I'm at a loss how to fix it, because I have to put a section break so I can change the headers and footers."

Is it indeed possible to have these three things simultaneously in the same document: pagination, headers and section endnotes? If so, any suggestions as to how to overcome the issue my formatter is having?

N.B. As the document in question is a book manuscript of close to 300 pages, I am posting in the "Formatting Long Documents" category. I hope this is correct.
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
external usenet poster

Default Using Pagination, Headers and Section Endnotes Simultaneously

Hi,

"DBinSJ" schrieb

[Word 2003]
"When I put the section break in to stop/start
the header/footer, it thinks we want the endnotes
there. I'm at a loss how to fix it, because I have
to put a section break so I can change the headers
and footers."