KWSmith KWSmith is offline
Junior Member

Default Field Toggle Default

How do I set up Word 2010 to open with the fields populated without having to press Alt F9 everytime once the document is open?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Try this first: Make sure that only one document is open in Word. Press Alt+F9
to hide the field codes. Exit Word, so that the setting is written to the
registry. This should make it "stick."

If that doesn't work, exit Word and delete the Data key in the registry. Note
that this will reset many Word options to their defaults, and you'll have to
change them manually after you have restarted Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"KWSmith" wrote in message ...

How do I set up Word 2010 to open with the fields populated without
having to press Alt F9 everytime once the document is open?

Thanks.

--
KWSmith

KWSmith KWSmith is offline
Junior Member

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your response. How do I "delete the Data key in the registry"? Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

"KWSmith" wrote in message ...

How do I set up Word 2010 to open with the fields populated without
having to press Alt F9 everytime once the document is open?

Thanks.

--
KWSmith
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Start the registry editor as follows: Hold the Windows logo key as you
press R; in the Run dialog box, type regedit and press Enter.

Locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\W ord\Options and
delete the Options key (represented by a little "folder").

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2012-10-12 03:41, KWSmith wrote:
Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your response. How do I "delete the Data key in the
registry"? Thanks!!

;493390']Try this first: Make sure that only one document is open in

-