Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Roseman Chuck Roseman is offline

Default my undo button is missing

I am missing my undo button in Word 2003.I have gone to the tools menu and
dropped down to the customize menu but the undo button does not show anywhere.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: my undo button is missing

No worries, I can definitely help you with that! Here are the steps to get your undo button back in Word 2003:
  1. Click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
  2. Select "Customize" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Customize" window that appears, click on the "Commands" tab.
  4. In the left-hand column, select "Edit" from the list of categories.
  5. In the right-hand column, scroll down until you see the "Undo" command.
  6. Click and drag the "Undo" command to wherever you want it to appear on your toolbar.
  7. Release the mouse button to add the "Undo" button to your toolbar.

That's it! Your "Undo" button should now be back on your toolbar and ready to use. If you have any other questions or issues, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help you out.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There's a place in the Customize dialog to click "Reset." (This will
undo any changes you've made to your toolbar.)

Did you set the list of commands you were looking in to "All
Commands"? (In Word2007 it's simply called "Undo" so it probably is in
2003 also.) You can assign that command to any toolbar, such as the
one it disappeared from.

Meanwhile does Ctrl-Z still work to do an undo?

On Aug 15, 11:24*am, Chuck Roseman Chuck
wrote:
I am missing my undo button in Word 2003.I have gone to the tools menu and
dropped down to the customize menu but the undo button does not show anywhere.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2003, the command is EditUndo (in All Commands) or Undo in the Edit
category.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:
I am missing my undo button in Word 2003.I have gone to the tools menu and
dropped down to the customize menu but the undo button does not show
anywhere.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2007, the complete command names are displayed only in the Customize
Keyboard dialog box, unfortunately.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote:
I am missing my undo button in Word 2003.I have gone to the tools menu
and
dropped down to the customize menu but the undo button does not show
anywhere.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, I guess MS thought this would be more user-friendly (and it makes sense
in a way, since there are no longer menu items to relate them to), but I
find it disconcerting.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:
I am missing my undo button in Word 2003.I have gone to the tools menu
and
dropped down to the customize menu but the undo button does not show
anywhere.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The problem is that not all commands are unique in their shorter versions.
For example, in the "All Commands" section in Word Options, Customize, there
are three "Styles" commands.

Sure, a longer version of the name displays if you rest the mouse pointer on
it, but that seems like an unnecessary, extra step. :-)

Undo button Rene Microsoft Word Help 0 March 7th 08 10:39 PM
Question about undo button in Word ang Microsoft Word Help 3 March 15th 06 03:13 PM
how do I find undo button word 2003 rogo Microsoft Word Help 3 January 8th 06 06:47 PM
my permission button is missing, where can I get it? Susan Oahu Microsoft Word Help 1 July 28th 05 05:00 PM
missing tab button louise Microsoft Word Help 5 July 12th 05 05:20 PM