Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amy E. Baggott Amy E. Baggott is offline

Default Multi-Level List Drops Out of List Mode

I am trying to create a multi-level list in Word 2007. In Word 2003, when I
created a multi-level list, all I had to do was set the original paragraph to
the multi-level list I wanted and after that, each subsequent paragraph would
be at the same level as the previous one (i.e., if the previous paragraph was
at level 2, the next paragraph would automatically be set to level 2 until I
tabbed to increase or decrease the level). For some reason, in Word 2007,
the multi-level list does not engage in the same way. When I hit the enter
key, the next paragraph drops back into Normal mode and I have to set it up
as a multi-level list again. What is up with that?
--
Amy E. Baggott

"I''m going crazy and I''m taking all of you with me!" -- Linda Grayson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word Options Proofing Autocoorect Options Autoformat as you type
check 'format beginning of list item like the one before it'

Amy E. Baggott wrote:
I am trying to create a multi-level list in Word 2007. In Word 2003,
when I created a multi-level list, all I had to do was set the
original paragraph to the multi-level list I wanted and after that,
each subsequent paragraph would be at the same level as the previous
one (i.e., if the previous paragraph was at level 2, the next
paragraph would automatically be set to level 2 until I tabbed to
increase or decrease the level). For some reason, in Word 2007, the
multi-level list does not engage in the same way. When I hit the
enter key, the next paragraph drops back into Normal mode and I have
to set it up as a multi-level list again. What is up with that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If your multilevel list involves headings, also look in the modify style
dialog and change the style for following paragraph from normal to your
style name. Note that the default setting in W2007 and 2003 is for
headings 1-9 to be followed by the normal style.

PamC