taxoof

Default Wouldn't it be nice if we could show relationships between styles?

It would be really nice if we could establish €śrelationships€ť between styles.
Example: Heading 1€”I create a new style €śH1P€ť, €śH1N€ť, €śH1B€ť, €śH1PN€ť,
€śH1PB€ť, €śH1NP€ť, €śH1BP€ť (there is a method to the maddness!). I do the same
for Headings 25, substituting the 1 for whatever heading to which the style
is related (anal I know, but it helps keep me on track and enables me to work
relatively efficiently!). The problem is, you cant group the related styles
to Heading 1€”Headings 19 are listed together and the new styles I create are
listed several styles above (and not even listed in €śoutline€ť order), so I do
a lot of scrolling€”very annoying. I have one solution with two possible
outcomes: Allow the ability to show a new style is related to a parent
style. Have a check box labeled relationship. When checked, provide the
ability to select the parent style to which the new style is related. One
outcome: all related styles appear together in the styles list. Second
outcome: only the parent style would be displayed in the styles list, but,
just as we can click the down arrow to access Select All, Modify, Delete,
Update to match...add a new option €śrelationships€ť, then a dialog box could
open displaying all the styles related to the parent€”we could then select the
style we want to use. We would have to consider what happens with €śaltered€ť
styles€¦but one thing at a time!

click "I Agree" in the message pane.