Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JustMe JustMe is offline

Default How do you scan a file into word and retain the formating?

I have a number of files I created in word 2003 and printed. I now want to
scan the files back into my computer. In trying to use the ocr option it is
convert the tif file to a word document but it loses the original formating.
How can I scan the file into word in it's original format and still be able
to edit it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

OCR software is not perfect. You're going to have to "fuss" with the
resulting Word doc. That's why I usually tell people they need to figure out
if it's worth the effort you're about to put into it. If it's a
once-and-done endeavor, it's not worth it unless you have absolutely nothing
better to do with your time. And if that's the case, stop by my home. I can
keep you busy. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"JustMe" wrote in message
I have a number of files I created in word 2003 and printed. I now want to
scan the files back into my computer. In trying to use the ocr option it
is
convert the tif file to a word document but it loses the original
formating.
How can I scan the file into word in it's original format and still be
able
to edit it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You need better OCR software - Finereader is arguably the best. It will
retain the format - at least until you start to edit the document.