Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barry

Default How do you keep the header from dimming in Word?

I want to set up a header where the text within the header stays the same
darkness as the text in the rest of the document. Now, when I set up a
header and close the header the header text turns light gray. I would like
it to stay black.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do you keep the header from dimming in Word?

Hi there! I can definitely help you with that.

When you create a header in Word, the default setting is for the text to appear in a lighter shade of gray than the rest of the document. However, you can change this setting to make the header text appear in the same color as the rest of the document.

Here's how to do it:
  1. Double-click on the header to open it.
  2. Click on the "Design" tab in the ribbon.
  3. In the "Options" group, uncheck the box that says "Different First Page".
  4. In the "Navigation" group, click on "Link to Previous" to turn it off.
  5. Click on the "Header & Footer Tools" tab in the ribbon.
  6. In the "Design" group, click on "Header" (or "Footer", depending on which one you're working on).
  7. Click on "Edit Header" (or "Edit Footer").
  8. Select the text in the header that you want to change the color of.
  9. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon.
  10. In the "Font" group, select the color that you want the text to be.

That's it! Your header text should now appear in the same color as the rest of the document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

I dont' think that can be done.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Barry" wrote:

I want to set up a header where the text within the header stays the same
darkness as the text in the rest of the document. Now, when I set up a
header and close the header the header text turns light gray. I would like
it to stay black.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

The header and footer are always dimmed when you are working in the text
layer; the document body is dimmed when you are in the header/footer layer.

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Barry" wrote:

I want to set up a header where the text within the header stays the same
darkness as the text in the rest of the document. Now, when I set up a
header and close the header the header text turns light gray. I would like
it to stay black.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Can't be done. It is dimmed because it is outside the current editing area.
Word is built to produce paper documents. In the paper document, it isn't
dimmed. If you need an electronic version, the closest is pdf.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Barry" wrote in message
news
I want to set up a header where the text within the header stays the same
darkness as the text in the rest of the document. Now, when I set up a
header and close the header the header text turns light gray. I would
like
it to stay black.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hi Ho Silver

This may not help you totally, but you can alter the Font in the header to
up the ante to Bold, and maybe play with some other Fonts in the header to
get the effect you are seeking...
news