Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] m.s.kelly@csuohio.edu is offline

Default how can I keep Paws after upgrading

I love having Paws on my desktop. How can I keep Paws alive after our
university upgrades to Windows Vista or 7, 8 9...?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Cat paws or dog paws? Seriously though, this has nothing to do with
document management in Word, or did you means PASW
(http://www.statisticssolutions.com/s...ss-software/)?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"
wrote in message ...
I love having Paws on my desktop. How can I keep Paws alive after our
university upgrades to Windows Vista or 7, 8 9...?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I thought this might be a reference to some Office Assistant, but there
doesn't seem to be one by this name.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
I love having Paws on my desktop. How can I keep Paws alive after our
university upgrades to Windows Vista or 7, 8 9...?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It may refer to that wonderful old screensaver (with time-wasting
games) that had dogs or cats chewing up the desktop? I had a Mac
version but I think it came in PC, too.

I no longer see commercial screensavers in the discount software
racks, so I imagine the genre has gone away. They were mostly just
sets of photos that would rotate (I had Hubble Telescope photos, and
Ansel Adams photos), and that's built in, with your own selections, to
Windows now. But I kinda miss the novelty ones.

On Mar 17, 9:58*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
I thought this might be a reference to some Office Assistant, but there
doesn't seem to be one by this name.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in ...

(http://www.statisticssolutions.com/s...spss-statistic....

--

wrote in message
I love having Paws on my desktop. *How can I keep Paws alive after our
university upgrades to Windows Vista or 7, 8 9...?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The whole idea of screensavers is pretty passé, but I did have a copy of
After Dark on my first system (the one that had an aquarium with swimming
fish, for example). It, however, was responsible for some idiosyncrasies in
my use of Word, one of which persists to this day. Because AD had
appropriated the Ctrl+Shift+M keyboard shortcut to mute the display, I was
unable to assign it to an em dash (I do have Ctrl+Shift+N for an en dash),
so my em dash is Ctrl+M, with the result that I can't use that combination
to indent (not that I would want to, but sometimes I want to test things for
users). And it must have used Ctrl+Shift+C or Ctrl+Shift+V for something,
too, because it was years before I could get those to work as advertised to
copy and paste formatting because they were assigned to something else.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
I love having Paws on my desktop. How can I keep Paws alive after our
university upgrades to Windows Vista or 7, 8 9...?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Don't you miss the flying toasters?

And then there was the very noisy one with a farmer on a giant machine
that plowed up the desktop in horizontal and vertical stripes ...

The built-ins for en- and em-dash are Ctrl(-Alt)-minus [on the
keypad], so you don't need a custom one. (Lifting from the keyboard at
that point isn't onerous because they represent a break in thought
anyway.)

On Mar 18, 8:31*am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
The whole idea of screensavers is pretty passé, but I did have a copy of
After Dark on my first system (the one that had an aquarium with swimming
fish, for example). It, however, was responsible for some idiosyncrasies in
my use of Word, one of which persists to this day. Because AD had
appropriated the Ctrl+Shift+M keyboard shortcut to mute the display, I was
unable to assign it to an em dash (I do have Ctrl+Shift+N for an en dash),
so my em dash is Ctrl+M, with the result that I can't use that combination
to indent (not that I would want to, but sometimes I want to test things for
users). And it must have used Ctrl+Shift+C or Ctrl+Shift+V for something,
too, because it was years before I could get those to work as advertised to
copy and paste formatting because they were assigned to something else.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...

wrote in message
I love having Paws on my desktop. How can I keep Paws alive after our
university upgrades to Windows Vista or 7, 8 9...?--

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For many years I didn't have access to the numeric keypad (had a mouse
platform covering it), and I would still find it very much more trouble to
use than my custom shortcuts, which are now so ingrained as to be as easy as
typing, say Shift+- to get an underline (actually easier since I always have
to look at the keyboard to be sure of accurately hitting anything on the top
row of keys).

[...]

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in

upgrading precious Microsoft Word Help 2 September 16th 07 05:13 AM
Upgrading MS word MikroXP Microsoft Word Help 1 March 9th 07 03:00 AM
Word Upgrading MikroXP Microsoft Word Help 3 March 9th 07 02:31 AM
Upgrading Word Jorge Bravo New Users 1 September 21st 06 10:49 AM
upgrading from 97 to XP Louise Mailmerge 12 July 13th 05 02:36 PM