Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sanjeev sanjeev is offline

Default Getting Wrong Characters in Word

After working for some time in MS Office I start getting wrong characters
from the keyboard. For example pressing "?" would bring up É .

Everything would get back to normal if I re-boot the system.

Any solutions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Check your keyboard language setting.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sanjeev" wrote in message
After working for some time in MS Office I start getting wrong characters
from the keyboard. For example pressing "?" would bring up É .

Everything would get back to normal if I re-boot the system.

Any solutions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Don't accidentally press LeftAlt-Shift, which toggles/cycles through
the installed software keyboards.

(Or maybe you have a laptop with another language's keyboard built in,
in which case there's a key somewhere to toggle them.)

"Sanjeev" wrote in message

After working for some time in MS Office I start getting wrong characters
from the keyboard. For example pressing "?" would bring up É .

Everything would get back to normal if I re-boot the system.

Any solutions?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sanjeev sanjeev is offline

Thanks Mr. Daniels for the input. Looks like it is an issue with left
ctrl+shift being pressed by mistake. I pressed the same keys and got toggled
back to the right characters.

"Sanjeev" wrote in message

After working for some time in MS Office I start getting wrong characters
from the keyboard. For example pressing "?" would bring up É .

Everything would get back to normal if I re-boot the system.

Any solutions?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gadgetmumma Gadgetmumma is offline

Last night I accidentally used a key combination and did this . . .
I HaVE This fUnNy SEtTiNg oN My tYpe And i Can't FiGure ouT hOW I dId iT
I could not change it until I re-booted. I have never seen this before, and
have tried to replicate it, to no avail.

Any ideas anyone?

"Sanjeev" wrote in message

After working for some time in MS Office I start getting wrong characters
from the keyboard. For example pressing "?" would bring up É .

Everything would get back to normal if I re-boot the system.

Any solutions?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is the capitalization really random like that, oR dID yOU aCCIDENTALLY
pRESS tHE cAPSlOCK kEY?

If it's really random, could possibly have flipped into a "novelty"
font that mixes up the letters?

(As for Padraig, did you try _both_ suggestions?)