Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Default Extract text from a picture

I have a Word document that is made up of pictures of text and I want to
extract the text. I convert the document to a PDF file and then converted it
back to both txt and rtf documents. The pictures were gone in the .txt file
and were simply converted back to pictures in the .rtf document. The
original creator referred to a "text selection tool" to do this, but I can't
find this tool anywhere and the original creator is not available to me.
Does anyone know of such a tool or some way to do this?

Thanks.
Jim