Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul R Paul R is offline

Default What's my style in 2007 beta

This is troubling me. When I click a paragraph, I need to be able to see
which style is applied, at a glance. In Word 2007 Beta, the Home ribbon shows
styles, but I usually can't see which is the current style without clicking
the arrow and dropping down the list. Is there a way to make the current
style show on the visible row?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Office button menu, Word Options, Customize. In the list of popular
commands find "Style" and add it to your QAT. That should give you the
Styles combobox you had previously in Word 2003.
Note, this requires B2TR.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Paul R" wrote in message
:

This is troubling me. When I click a paragraph, I need to be able to see
which style is applied, at a glance. In Word 2007 Beta, the Home ribbon shows
styles, but I usually can't see which is the current style without clicking
the arrow and dropping down the list. Is there a way to make the current
style show on the visible row?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gr8auntieokie gr8auntieokie is offline

Paul, I added the Apply Styles button to my Quick Access Toolbar. That way,
whenever I want to know what style I'm in, I can quickly click that window
open and see the style.

"Paul R" wrote:

This is troubling me. When I click a paragraph, I need to be able to see
which style is applied, at a glance. In Word 2007 Beta, the Home ribbon shows
styles, but I usually can't see which is the current style without clicking
the arrow and dropping down the list. Is there a way to make the current
style show on the visible row?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

There is a faster way. Go into the QAT Customization dialog (Office
button, Word Options, Customize). Switch to Commands Not In The Ribbon.
And find Styles (it will say in parenthesis in the tooltip
StyleGalleryClassic). Add it and you should have the Styles combobox
from previous versions now on your QAT.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"gr8auntieokie" wrote in
message :

"Paul R" wrote:

This is troubling me. When I click a paragraph, I need to be able to see
which style is applied, at a glance. In Word 2007 Beta, the Home ribbon shows
styles, but I usually can't see which is the current style without clicking
the arrow and dropping down the list. Is there a way to make the current
style show on the visible row?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Quick Access Toolbar.

"gr8auntieokie" wrote in message
news
What does "QAT" mean?

"Paul R" wrote:

This is troubling me. When I click a paragraph, I need to be able to

see
which style is applied, at a glance. In Word 2007 Beta, the Home

ribbon shows
styles, but I usually can't see which is the current style without

clicking
the arrow and dropping down the list. Is there a way to make the

current
style show on the visible row?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

QAT = "Quick Access Toolbar"

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:25:20 -0800, gr8auntieokie
wrote:

What does "QAT" mean?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gr8auntieokie gr8auntieokie is offline

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Thank you SO much!!
Cyndie Browning
Tulsa, OK

"Paul R" wrote:

This is troubling me. When I click a paragraph, I need to be able to see
which style is applied, at a glance. In Word 2007 Beta, the Home ribbon shows
styles, but I usually can't see which is the current style without clicking
the arrow and dropping down the list. Is there a way to make the current
style show on the visible row?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob R. Rob R. is offline

This is very helpful. I wish the style list automatically scrolled to the
selected style instead of forcing me to manually scroll up or down to find
it. When I work with a document that has lots of styles, this is a big
annoyance.

Thanks for the work around.

"Paul R" wrote:

This is troubling me. When I click a paragraph, I need to be able to see
which style is applied, at a glance. In Word 2007 Beta, the Home ribbon shows
styles, but I usually can't see which is the current style without clicking
the arrow and dropping down the list. Is there a way to make the current
style show on the visible row?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gr8auntieokie gr8auntieokie is offline

May I suggest that you become familiar with the Style Gallery (right half of
the Home tab). Click on the bottom of the 3 up-down buttons to display a
"gallery" of all (or most) of the styles in your document, and there's an
orange highlight around the style you're in now (the selected style).
Right-click on it to modify or update the style. In the year that our office
has been using 2007, I've gotten so used to the Style Gallery display on the
Home tab, I almost forget that the styles can still be listed in the old
Style window---which is, of course, where this thread started. ~:-)

Cyndie Browning
Tulsa, OK

"Paul R" wrote:

This is troubling me. When I click a paragraph, I need to be able to see
which style is applied, at a glance. In Word 2007 Beta, the Home ribbon shows
styles, but I usually can't see which is the current style without clicking
the arrow and dropping down the list. Is there a way to make the current
style show on the visible row?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dawn.aquila[_2_] dawn.aquila[_2_] is offline

My 2007 Style Gallery does not show any of the custom styles in my document,
can I make them appear? I did get them to appear in the Styles window (that
opens when you click the dialog arrow at the bottom right of the gallery) but
it would save a lot of extra clicks if I could apply my own styles directly
from the gallery.

P.S. thanks Patrick, I now have styles on my QAT
Dawn

"Paul R" wrote:

This is troubling me. When I click a paragraph, I need to be able to see
which style is applied, at a glance. In Word 2007 Beta, the Home ribbon shows
styles, but I usually can't see which is the current style without clicking
the arrow and dropping down the list. Is there a way to make the current
style show on the visible row?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can add styles to the Quick Styles gallery, but they won't be displayed
at the top (without opening the gallery) unless you remove the styles that
have higher priority (you'll need to assign a high priority to the styles
you want displayed).

http://word.mvps.org