Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Menl Menl is offline

Default Suddenly captions and other text in document map and TOC

Hi,

I'm working on my thesis, which has now about 100 pages. Before I started I
read up on how to use word 2007 for large documents and so I first created
the general outline, seperated everything in appropriate sections, defined
custom styles. After this was OK I started editing the actual content making
sure everyting is formatted using styles and avoiding direct formatting as
much as I can. Everything worked as expected.

Until now...

Suddenly all kind of extra entries show up in the document map such as
captions of figures, and tables, but also some other styles I defined.
Strangely not all figures and tables are included, just some of them. They
also show up in the TOC.
I've read up on this "feature" and it could be related to direct formatting.

So I selected all the extra entries and redefined the correct style (which
it was allready showing to have). And sure enough the entry was removed. But
to my surprise, when I opened the document the next day, it had all the extra
entries again.

So if a MVP or other word user could explain what is going on here and how
to fix it it is greatly appreciated. I would even go as far as editing the
XML directly in the word zip-package, if I knew it would solve things.

Thanx in advance

Menl