Blondie

Default How do I convert files from Word 2000 to XP?

I have updated my files from Word 2000 to XP and I have run into text
conversion problems? My punctuations marks have converted over to different
symbols. How do I correct my fi;es with out having to go into them line by
line? Is there a patch or a update ? Thank you for your help...
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 22:43:01 -0800, "Blondie"
wrote:

I have updated my files from Word 2000 to XP and I have run into text
conversion problems? My punctuations marks have converted over to different
symbols. How do I correct my fi;es with out having to go into them line by
line? Is there a patch or a update ? Thank you for your help...

Hi Blondie,

There is no "text conversion" between Word 2000 and 2002 (XP). In that
respect the file formats are exactly the same, and you should be able
to transfer documents in either direction without any differences.

There may be a problem with the way Office XP was installed, or you
may have a damaged font file. What happens if you change the font of
the text in XP? What happens if you take the same document file to
another computer with either Word 2000 or 2002? Do you have any
problem with documents you create in XP with the same font? Does the
problem happen with all punctuation, or just some characters? Is the
problem only in the display, or do they print that way too?

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...nFontProbs.htm for
some troubleshooting steps you can try.

--
Regards,