Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] terrank@gmail.com is offline

Default Headers/Footers - Make them NOT preview faded

Hello,

Is there any way to make the headers NOT preview all faded/screened
back? I'd like for the .docs to preview electronically the same way as
how it would print out, especially images (logos).

I've tried taking my logo out of the header and just putting it on the
page behind a form to lock it so it is not accidentally moved but then
I give up it being able to repeat/spawn on new pages.

Is there a way to have an image on the doc that will repeat on new
pages that doesn't go in the header - that is - if there is no way to
make the header/footer not preview faded out. Not everyone prints out
these doc so it would be nice to be able to view them electronically
as it's supposed to look.

I am using Office 2004 for the Mac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best,
TK

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Headers/Footers - Make them NOT preview faded

Hello TK,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. I understand that you are looking for a way to make the headers and footers in your Word document not preview faded or screened back. I can definitely help you with that.

Here are the steps to make the headers and footers not preview faded in Word:
  1. Open your Word document and go to the "View" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on "Print Layout" to switch to print layout view.
  3. Double-click on the header or footer area to open the header or footer section.
  4. In the "Design" tab that appears, click on "Header & Footer Tools".
  5. Click on "Options" in the "Navigation" group.
  6. In the "Options" dialog box, uncheck the "Different first page" and "Different odd and even pages" checkboxes.
  7. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box.
  8. Now, you can add your logo or image to the header or footer section.
  9. Once you have added your logo or image, click on "Close Header and Footer" in the "Design" tab.

Your header or footer should now appear without the faded or screened back preview. If you want to add an image that repeats on new pages, you can use the "Watermark" feature in Word. Here are the steps to add a watermark:
  1. Go to the "Design" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on "Watermark" in the "Page Background" group.
  3. Select the watermark you want to use or click on "Custom Watermark" to create your own.
  4. Choose the options you want for the watermark, such as the font, size, and color.
  5. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box.

Your watermark should now appear on every page of your document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I don't know if Word for Mac works the same as Word for Windows. However...
when I choose File - Print - Preview, headers are previewed as they will be
printed -- not faded/dimmed. I see what you're talking about in Print Layout
view, but, that's different.

If the Mac version works the same as the Windows version, you can edit while
in Print Preview mode. Click the Magnifier in the Print Preview toolbar to
toggle the mouse pointer back to normal, and you can edit all you like.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] terrank@gmail.com is offline

Hello Herb,

Thank you for your reply. I read about the Print Preview mode but I do
not see it on my Mac. Well then, is there a way to set the document to
default view on Print Preview mode? I can always edit this doc on a
PC.

Basically when I send my docs to a client, I'd like for them to see
them the way they are supposed to look when printed (the full effect)
- this is more of a presentation concern...

Am I better off with .pdfs?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
TK

On Jun 29, 4:11 pm, "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:
I don't know if Word for Mac works the same as Word for Windows. However...
when I choose File - Print - Preview, headers are previewed as they will be
printed -- not faded/dimmed. I see what you're talking about in Print Layout
view, but, that's different.

If the Mac version works the same as the Windows version, you can edit while
in Print Preview mode. Click the Magnifier in the Print Preview toolbar to
toggle the mouse pointer back to normal, and you can edit all you like.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog:http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web:http://www.herbtyson.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Better off with PDFs. :-)

Documents open in the last View they were viewed... but Print Preview
doesn't count.

So... when you click File, you don't see Print Preview in the menu?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

On 6/29/07 8:03 PM, in article
, "
wrote:

Hello Herb,

Thank you for your reply. I read about the Print Preview mode but I do
not see it on my Mac.

What version of Mac Word? In 2004 (as well a X, I think) go into Print
Preview & take a look at the left end of the toolbar. There's a button 2nd
from the left (right next to the Print button) called Magnifier - click it
to turn magnifier mode OFF & you'll be able to edit to your heart's content.
By default you won't have any toolbars other than the Print Preview toolbar,
but the Menu Bar will be available & you can turn on any additional toolbars
you want to display. Click the Magnifier button again to toggle zoom mode
back ON.

Well then, is there a way to set the document to
default view on Print Preview mode? I can always edit this doc on a
PC.

As Herb says, Print Preview can't be set as a default mode on a Mac, either.

Basically when I send my docs to a client, I'd like for them to see
them the way they are supposed to look when printed (the full effect)
- this is more of a presentation concern...

Am I better off with .pdfs?

IMHO, Yes... Even if they need to be able to revise the document - send them
*both* a PDF for presentation & a doc attachment for editing.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
TK

HTH |:)