Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KMikaela KMikaela is offline

Default Word 2003 Closes upon update of sort order of table using Access D

I also have the issue of word closing, and have recently upgraded from
Windows 2000 to Windows XP and from Office 2000 to Office 2003. In templates
that functioned well before, the "find" command no longer locates the record
and when I try to save the sort order on the Access data, it causes word to
close. The database table has over 19,000 records with 78 field names, so
I'm not sure if this poses a problem for word 2003, as it worked well in
2000. I am using a secure database with a DDE connection so I'm not sure if
that is the issue either. I have also installed the mso.dll fix, but still
having the same issue. We use over 20 templates with mail merge to this
table and users are having to scroll through endless records any assitance
would be greatly appreciated.