Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anita, MOS Master Instructor XP Anita, MOS Master Instructor XP is offline

Default Mail Merge Mystery Dialog Box

I have a user that is mail merging with an imported database into excel in
*.xls format (XP on Win XP OS). However, when she prints the documents,
numerous blank "Microsoft Word" dialog boxes appear with OK or Cancel. She
does not have any enterable fields in her letter. She can't print until she
clicks ok to the boxes which requires about 20 clicks to clear for each
letter. How can we get rid of these dialog boxes?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

Sounds to me as if the mail merge field names have been changed in the data
source. For instance "Name" in the Word document might now be "CustName" in
the Excel file. That's generally why I get those errors, and I get one for
each bad field name.
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com