Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ann Ann is offline

Default How can I add another Avery Template to use in mail merge?

I'm wanting to use Avery 5567 labels (Hanging File Tabs), but that template
does not seem to be pre-installed in Word 2002. I tried to download it off of
Avery's site, but then I am not able to use it in mail merge. (I have over a
hundred different labels I need to make.)

When I called Avery for help, they told me that I have to use the DesignPro
software. I really don't like DesignPro as it is not nearly as easy to edit
which records I want to use as mailmerge is.

Does anyone know how to get a new Avery label template into Word in such a
way that it can be used with mailmerge? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I don't know of a way to transfer Avery's template into Word but as long as
you have the dimensions of the labels you can create a "custom layout" in
Word - in the Label Options dialog box click "New Label", give the layout a
name and fill in all the other details. It then appears in the
"Other/Custom" section of the "Label Products" list. Optionally, once you
have tested the layout, I suggest that you create a mail merge main document
or template based on it and save that just in case you ever lose the
settings in Word.

Peter Jamieson