Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rosita

Default In Windows 2000 how do I "hide desktop icons"?

I want to have the icons as a tool bar appearing vertically but I don't want
them covering up my lovely wallpaper.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is not even conceivably a question about Microsoft Word. I believe it
is possible (at least in Windows XP) to drag all the icons to your Quick
Launch toolbar or something of the sort, but you'd be better advised to ask
in a Windows NG.

"Rosita" wrote in message
I want to have the icons as a tool bar appearing vertically but I don't

want
them covering up my lovely wallpaper.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rosita

I had Word XP and the motherboard on that computer died and I am temporarily
using an old computer with Word 2000 on it. I DO my Quick Launch toolbar
with the icons appearing vertically with just a couple of the icons on the
tool bar itself at the bottom of the page, and also my Desktop toolbar with
the icons the same way; however all the icons still appear on my wallpaper.
With XP I rememberthat somewhere there was a procedure called "hide desktop
icons" and then the icons would not appear on the wallpaper - covering up
whatever beautiful picture I was using as my wallpaper. At one place I
worked I was using Windows 2000 and I did the same thing but now I can't
remember what I did.

Thanks.

"Rosita" wrote in message
I want to have the icons as a tool bar appearing vertically but I don't

want
them covering up my lovely wallpaper.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you right-click on the desktop and choose Properties, does the Display
dialog offer any check boxes of this sort?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is not even conceivably a question about Microsoft Word. I believe

it
is possible (at least in Windows XP) to drag all the icons to your Quick
Launch toolbar or something of the sort, but you'd be better advised to

ask
in a Windows NG.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.