Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chaplain Doug

Default Problem Accessing Outlook Contacts

Word 2003, Outlook 2003. Since upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003 I am
getting erroneous results. When I do a Tools - Letters and Mailings -
Envelopes and Labels and press the "Insert address" icon on the Envelopes and
Labels dialog, I get the following unexpected results:

1. I get a dialog box telling me to "Choose Profile." The default profile
name (and the only profile available from the drop down list) is "Outlook."
2. When I select the profile "Outlook" in the dialog in 1 above, I get the
error dialog:

The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated
with the
address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or
you do
not have permissions.

3. When I press the OK button I get a "Select Name" dialog that shows names
from "Contacts." However, there are no names displayed.

ANY IDEA WHAT I NEED TO DO? I have already tried uninstalling Outlook and
reinstalling Outlook. Thanks for any help and God bless.

Dr. Doug Pruiett
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
www.goodnewsjail.org
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chaplain Doug

By the way, I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Outlook and Word. I have
installed all updates to Office 2003.

There are contacts in my Outlook Contacts folder. I am able to acces them
in Outlook, and I am able to initiate a MailMerge from Outlook using the
contacts.

Again, thanks for any help you may provide. God bless.
--

"Chaplain Doug" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

From Outlook tools e-mail accounts view or change existing directories
or address books. Delete the Outlook address book. Re-add Outlook address
book.
Check the properties of Outlook Contacts and ensure that under the Outlook
Address Book tab, that 'show this folder as an e-mail address book' is
checked.
If you have more than one contacts list you can set the order in which they
are displayed from address book tools
If this doesn't fix it consult the Outlook forum.
Note that re-installing Office products rarely achieves anything useful.

Chaplain Doug wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chaplain Doug

Dear Graham:

That licked the problem. Thank you. By the way, I had found a similar post
by you somewhere else. I had grabbed that one last night and was set to try
it this morning. Thank you for helping folks like me. God bless.
--
Dr. Doug Pruiett
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
www.goodnewsjail.org

From Outlook tools e-mail accounts view or change existing directories

Chaplain Doug wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You are welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

Chaplain Doug wrote:
Dear Graham:

That licked the problem. Thank you. By the way, I had found a
similar post by you somewhere else. I had grabbed that one last
night and was set to try it this morning. Thank you for helping
folks like me. God bless.

From Outlook tools e-mail accounts view or change existing
directories or address books. Delete the Outlook address book.