Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
helbel78

Default How do I prevent field codes from displaying on merging?

I assist in developing a Case Management system for a law firm. We have over
4000 precedent documents and have recently moved over to using Word
Automation to produce the documents. Since using Word Automation, users are
finding that their documents merge displaying all the field codes and they
have to ALT+F9 to hide the codes (unfortunately many users don't know this
key combination). We don't want to remove the field codes so CTRL+SHIFT+F9
or something similar isn't a solution. I was informed by the company that
support our Case Management system that this is caused by the field codes
being displayed when the precedent document was last saved. However, I have
tested this and when field codes were revealed in the precedent, my test
document merged fine without showing field codes. This appears to be rather
intermittent - anyone have any ideas on a) what causes this and b) how I can
stop it? Many thanks
--
Helbel78
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

You could add something to the end of your automation macros to turn off
display of fields.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.