Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jenny

Default Comparing Two Documents

I have two long Word documents that I need to compare for differences.
Document B is a revised copy of Document A, but it was saved as a new
document. I'm working in Word2002. Is there any tool or routine that will
help me find differences between the two? Thanks for your help, Jenny.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale

I suspect 2002 is the same as 2003 (which is what I am using). Go to the
Windows menu and select compare side by side. If this is not available, click
on an empty space in the taskbar and tile windows horizontally. Does this
help?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Jenny" wrote:

I have two long Word documents that I need to compare for differences.
Document B is a revised copy of Document A, but it was saved as a new
document. I'm working in Word2002. Is there any tool or routine that will
help me find differences between the two? Thanks for your help, Jenny.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Tools | Compare Documents. This will generate "markup" in Document B
identical to what you would have gotten if you had been using Track Changes
when you modified Document A. It always takes me two tries to get the proper
order of opening to get the markup on the document where I want it; if this
happens to you, just close them and open in the reverse order.

"Jenny" wrote in message
I have two long Word documents that I need to compare for differences.
Document B is a revised copy of Document A, but it was saved as a new
document. I'm working in Word2002. Is there any tool or routine that will
help me find differences between the two? Thanks for your help, Jenny.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jenny

Thanks, Suzanne. That was exactly what I needed, but didn't know where to
find it. You're a lifesaver!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Tools | Compare Documents. This will generate "markup" in Document B
identical to what you would have gotten if you had been using Track
Changes
when you modified Document A. It always takes me two tries to get the
proper
order of opening to get the markup on the document where I want it; if
this
happens to you, just close them and open in the reverse order.

so
all may benefit.

Comparing documents Peg K New Users 1 April 7th 06 04:24 PM
My Docs & Documents & Settings problems Bob Microsoft Word Help 5 December 17th 05 05:20 PM
Comparing Documents Word 2003 Tim Microsoft Word Help 0 August 30th 05 04:39 AM
Comparing Documents Christina Microsoft Word Help 2 April 20th 05 06:04 PM
Comparing Documents in Word 2003 and Word 2002 - VERY Weird Proble Joshua Gray Microsoft Word Help 5 February 18th 05 09:09 PM