Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] dmlinliverpool@netscape.net is offline

Default Right justifying results in a DATABSE field code query

Hi

I am using the DATABASE field code to get some data from an Access DB
into a document which I am Mail Merging.

For info the DATABASE query is :

DATABASE \d
"C:\\Tempo\\MailMergeSource\\database\\DocumentVar iableData.mdb " \c
"DSN=MS Access Database; DBQ=
C:\\Tempo\\MailMergeSource\\database\\DocumentVari ableData.mdb;
FIL=RedISAM" \s " SELECT COLUMN_1,' ',COLUMN_2 FROM DOCUMENT_ROWS
ORDER BY DOCUMENT_SECTION_ID " \l "0" \* CharFormat

This returns itemised invoice lines.

COLUMN_2 holds financial figures and I need this column to be
right-justified. Is there a way to do this ?

TIA
dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

I am using the DATABASE field code to get some data from an Access DB
into a document which I am Mail Merging.

For info the DATABASE query is :

DATABASE \d
"C:\\Tempo\\MailMergeSource\\database\\DocumentVar iableData.mdb " \c
"DSN=MS Access Database; DBQ=
C:\\Tempo\\MailMergeSource\\database\\DocumentVari ableData.mdb;
FIL=RedISAM" \s " SELECT COLUMN_1,' ',COLUMN_2 FROM DOCUMENT_ROWS
ORDER BY DOCUMENT_SECTION_ID " \l "0" \* CharFormat

This returns itemised invoice lines.

COLUMN_2 holds financial figures and I need this column to be
right-justified. Is there a way to do this ?

In Word 2003 it works for me to use \* MergeFormat (NOT \* CharFormat)
then apply the paragraph format right-align to the column.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org