ChicoB

Default Unable to paste into word 2002

I am running Office Xp on Win2k. Word version is 10.2627.2625
I am unable to do a normal copy and paste into word when copying from an
external application such as IE or notepad.
I have figured out that I can paste if I select Paste Special but I dont see
why regular text from Notepad would not work with ^c & ^v.
I can paste fine if I copy from within word.
Also I can copy/paste fine into other apps such as IE to notepad or wordpad.
Is there some option or security setting which prevents me from copying into
word from other programs?