Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jaybee777 Jaybee777 is offline

Default put in a " without using space bar

Why do I have to hit the space bar after putting in a " for it to appear, how
can I change that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is a function of your keyboard configuration in Windows Regional
settings. Ensure the language is set to a variety of English and that the
keyboard setting matches the keyboard layout that you are using.

In Word, turn off the language option to automatically detect the language
and set the language to your variety of English.