Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barry

Default Allow elimination of keyboard lock when pressing caps lock button

When typing a document that requires switching between all caps and lower
case the keyboard lock time delay is extremely irritating. Need the ability
to eliminate this time delay. I find it easier to work in other applications
and then copy, paste into MS Word, etc. instead of just working in the
Microsoft products. Since this is for work, and Microsoft is the application
we are required to use, it would be nice to not have to purchase other
applications just so I can get my job done before I have to retire!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 08:57:03 -0800, "Barry"
wrote:

When typing a document that requires switching between all caps and lower
case the keyboard lock time delay is extremely irritating. Need the ability
to eliminate this time delay. I find it easier to work in other applications
and then copy, paste into MS Word, etc. instead of just working in the
Microsoft products. Since this is for work, and Microsoft is the application
we are required to use, it would be nice to not have to purchase other
applications just so I can get my job done before I have to retire!

In all the (many) years I've used computers, I've never encountered
*any* "keyboard lock time delay". If there is one on your computer,
though, it certainly isn't anything caused by Word. Do you see this
delay in other programs?

There are a few Windows settings in Start Settings Control Panel
Accessibility Options that modify keyboard responses, but none of them
introduce a delay in the caps lock response.

You might find something in Start Settings Control Panel
Keyboard Hardware Troubleshooting, or you might need to replace
your keyboard (try borrowing one from another computer to see if it
fixes the problem).

It's unlikely, but maybe someone installed this program on your
computer as a prank: http://members.execulink.com/~pjones/toggler/

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barry

Default Allow elimination of keyboard lock when pressing caps lock but

Cool. I went into the Accessability options like you suggested, and found
two notify boxes checked. I un-checked them and now there is no delay.
Thanks!