Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Mary is offline

Default each new document acts like it wants a header or footer

every time I open a new document I set my margins and the cursor stays at the
top of the page I have to open the header and footer and close it again to
tell it I dont want a header. Then at the bottom of the page it moves to a
new page before it reaches the one inch margin.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See if http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm helps.

--