Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
clearlyfrustated clearlyfrustated is offline

Default How can I get back my last 7 years of word 2003 documents now that

I used the recommended strategy to import a word 2003 doc into word 2007.
Equations witten in word 2003 can not be edited with word 2007. Document is
read in compatibilty mode and I can not get into editing mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Click in the equation and get a message "the server application, source file
can not be found"
It is a nightmare! I guess I need a copy of professional mathtype for word
2003 installed in word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 12:59:01 -0700, clearlyfrustated
wrote:

I used the recommended strategy to import a word 2003 doc into word 2007.
Equations witten in word 2003 can not be edited with word 2007. Document is
read in compatibilty mode and I can not get into editing mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Click in the equation and get a message "the server application, source file
can not be found"
It is a nightmare! I guess I need a copy of professional mathtype for word
2003 installed in word 2007?

The Equation Editor 3.0 that came with Word 2003 is also available in
Word 2007, but it isn't part of the default installation.

From the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs dialog, select the Office
2007 installer and click the Change button. Select the option to add
features. On the next screen, expand the Office Tools box, click the
Equation Editor icon, and set it to "Run from my computer". Let the
installer run (depending on how Office was originally installed, it
may or may not ask for the CD).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman