Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rachel Rachel is offline

Default Survey document: Need to have active checkboxes & written answers

I am trying to create a survey in Word 2007 to send out via email. I have
figured out how to make the checkboxes "live" (by locking the document) but
my problem is that I also have two written answer questions that they will
need to be able to type in. Is this possible with a locked document? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rachel Rachel is offline

Default Survey document: Need to have active checkboxes & written answ

Thanks, Graham. Could you possibly give me a bit more detail? I am not
completely Word savy. Where do I find the legacy palette? I searched for it
but was unsuccessful.

Thanks!

Rachel wrote:
I am trying to create a survey in Word 2007 to send out via email. I
have figured out how to make the checkboxes "live" (by locking the
document) but my problem is that I also have two written answer
questions that they will need to be able to type in. Is this possible
with a locked document? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is on the developer tab of the toolbar - the first item from the bottom
right of the eight buttons in the left section of the Controls group -
presumably from where you obtained the check box form field. To make things
simpler you will find
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm useful when working
on forms in Word 2007.