Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TechLearner TechLearner is offline

Default Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07

I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have
been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to
rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other
document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier
version of Word?

I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since
you seem to be saying you _don't_ want to preserve various aspects of
formatting.

On Jan 1, 3:58*pm, TechLearner
wrote:
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have
been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to
rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other
document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you are looking for the Paste Unformatted option, as Peter Daniels
describes below, then on the Home tab, click the arrow below the Paste
button, click Paste Special, and then select "Unformatted Text".

If you prefer to make unformatted text your default Paste action then:

- Click the Office Button, click Word Options, then click Advanced.
- In the Cut, Copy, and Paste section you'll find some options for your
default paste action for pasting.
- Set the applicable option (or all of them if you'd like) to "Keep Text
only".

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

wrote:
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I
have
been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm
trying to
rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all
other
document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Peter and Beth have pointed out, there are ways to paste unformatted text
either by specific choice or as a default, but if you are asking
specifically about the "Keep Text Formatting" option on a popup menu, then I
think you're asking about the Paste Options button, which perhaps you don't
have enabled in Word 2007. That setting is at Office Button | Word Options |
Advanced: Cut, copy, and paste.

http://word.mvps.org

"TechLearner" wrote in message
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I
have
been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying
rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all
other
document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

And if you don't want to change your default settings when pasting (I
did, as 99% of the time, I want either unformatted or destination
formatted), you can paste the content, and then click on the glue
bottle icon right below where you ahve pasted, to select text only (no
formatting). For your purposes, you could select the entire document
(Ctrl+A), then cut or copy, then paste it again, to see that bottle of
glue icon.

On Jan 1, 12:58*pm, TechLearner
wrote:
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have
been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to
rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other
document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you're describing is the Paste Options button, which I believe is what
the OP is not seeing.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I
have
been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying
rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all
other
document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

Suzanne, earlier you wrote:
As Peter and Beth have pointed out, there are ways to paste
unformatted text
either by specific choice or as a default, but if you are asking
specifically about the "Keep Text Formatting" option on a popup menu,
then I
think you're asking about the Paste Options button, which perhaps you
don't
have enabled in Word 2007. That setting is at Office Button | Word
Options |
Advanced: Cut, copy, and paste.

Not too sure I understand your reply to me.

On Jan 2, 6:43*am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
What you're describing is the Paste Options button, which I believe is what
the OP is not seeing.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I assumed from your description of its behavior that by the "bottle of glue
icon" you were referring to the Paste Options button, but since it actually
looks like a clipboard, I don't know what you're talking about.

http://word.mvps.org