Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sevilho Sevilho is offline

Default How to get last session position in 2007 Word

Hi!

There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word

Sub AutoOpen()
Application.GoBack
End Sub

that give last editing position when open document.

This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

Check this thread.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...xp=&sloc=en-us

Hope it helps,
--
Brian McCaffery

"Sevilho" wrote:

Hi!

There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word

Sub AutoOpen()
Application.GoBack
End Sub

that give last editing position when open document.

This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It does work the same in Word 2007 here.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Sevilho" wrote in message
Hi!

There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word

Sub AutoOpen()
Application.GoBack
End Sub

that give last editing position when open document.

This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unfortunately, although the GoBack command (Shift+F5) works during an
editing session in Word 2007, the last edit point bookmark is not saved when
the document is closed. This is true only for .docx documents. If you save
the document in Word 97-2003 format, the bookmark is retained. I believe
this functionality has been restored in Word 2010.

See
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...a70&sloc=en-us

http://word.mvps.org

"Sevilho" wrote in message
Hi!

There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word

Sub AutoOpen()
Application.GoBack
End Sub

that give last editing position when open document.

This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can do it with three macros in the normal template

Sub FileSave()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Range:=Selection.Range, name:="OpenAt"
ActiveDocument.Save
End Sub

Sub FileSaveAs()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Range:=Selection.Range, name:="OpenAt"
Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
If ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Exists("OpenAt") = True Then
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("OpenAt").Select
End If
End Sub

The documents will thus always open at the place the cursor was when the
document was saved.

"Sevilho" wrote in message
Hi!

There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word

Sub AutoOpen()
Application.GoBack
End Sub

that give last editing position when open document.

This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sevilho Sevilho is offline

Doug! You did not check what you write. I wrote it does not work, and you
wrote it work. Read all thread.