Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LesHart51 LesHart51 is offline

Default How do I insert text "into" a photograph in Word 2007?

When I took Word 2003 in school, I learned how to insert text into a
photgraph, in a (Bubble?) as the text is in comice strips. However, I was
given Office 2007 as a gift, and I cannot find anything telling me how to
accomplish this. I don't want it above, beside, or underneath the photo, but
"in" it. I would be very grateful if anyone can tell me how to accomplish
this.
Lesley Hart

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

To add a callout (bubble), on the Insert tab, click Shapes and you'll find a
Callouts section. After you insert your selected callout and add the text,
you should be able to drag it over the image in your document.

If you found how to insert a shape but are unable to place it on top of the
image ("in it") then select the callout (bubble) and on the Drawing Tools
Format tab, in the Arrange group, click Wrap Text and change the text
wrapping to "In front of text".

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP