Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob Dougherty Rob Dougherty is offline

Default how do i create custom drop downs for my template

I am trying to create a template with merge fields and fill ins with custom
drop down menus that I can use to complete a patient encounter form
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vttotal vttotal is offline

I think the best thing to do that would be en Excel as they offer List
options from values that you can enter in a customer data table. You can use
drop down menus to pick your customers name the data "data validation" tool.

I don't know how big is your client list but if you are dealing with large
number of customers the best thing to do is to create a database using
Access.

Hope this info helps,
--
Vicente Tulliano

"Rob Dougherty" wrote:

I am trying to create a template with merge fields and fill ins with custom
drop down menus that I can use to complete a patient encounter form

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Merge fields and form fields are mutually exclusive. However you may find
http://www.gmayor.com/Form_Fields_and_Mail_Merge.htm useful.

For help on creating protected forms, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm

In order to use form fields in Word 2007, you will need to display the
Developer tab (Office Button Word Options Popular Show the Developer
tab in the Ribbon) and then use the Legacy Forms controls from the Legacy
Tools palette in the Controls group on that tab. You will find those
controls more accessible if you modify the ribbon as described at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm (or until Greg puts
it on his web site, download an add-in containing the ribbon from
http://www.gmayor.com/Extras/ClassicFormControls.zip)

Drop-downs CV New Users 0 February 27th 08 12:59 AM
Complicating Drop Downs Robert_Hoffman Microsoft Word Help 1 September 23rd 06 02:07 AM
The drop down form field is not showing drop downs. Why? mindysue Microsoft Word Help 1 May 26th 05 09:43 PM
How do I create a drop-down list for a custom toolbar in Word? P Williams Microsoft Word Help 1 May 26th 05 10:39 AM
Drop downs Kerry Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 03:53 AM