Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joanne

Default Please help in despair: recovery of lost files

Please help if you can. Have spent all day updating a vital work document and
saved it. On trying to reload the files don't exist apparently (although i
had previously re-loaded my saved copy) the shortcuts in my recent documents
show 0 kb. Have used search utility and tried everything but they seemed to
have vanished.
Really desperate.
thanks for your urgent help
Joanne
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Trying to reload what?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"joanne" wrote in message
Please help if you can. Have spent all day updating a vital work document
and
saved it. On trying to reload the files don't exist apparently (although
had previously re-loaded my saved copy) the shortcuts in my recent
documents
show 0 kb. Have used search utility and tried everything but they seemed
have vanished.
Really desperate.
thanks for your urgent help
Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joanne

trying to reload the file that I saved

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Trying to reload what?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"joanne" wrote in message
Please help if you can. Have spent all day updating a vital work document
and
saved it. On trying to reload the files don't exist apparently (although
had previously re-loaded my saved copy) the shortcuts in my recent
documents
show 0 kb. Have used search utility and tried everything but they seemed
have vanished.
Really desperate.
thanks for your urgent help
Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

and where did you save it?
is it in "my documents" ? is it in source safe? sharepoint? where?

joanne wrote:

trying to reload the file that I saved

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Trying to reload what?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"joanne" wrote in message
Please help if you can. Have spent all day updating a vital work document
and
saved it. On trying to reload the files don't exist apparently (although
had previously re-loaded my saved copy) the shortcuts in my recent
documents
show 0 kb. Have used search utility and tried everything but they seemed
have vanished.
Really desperate.
thanks for your urgent help
Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Probably in a temp folder because it was opened directly from an email.

oups.com...

joanne wrote:

trying to reload the file that I saved

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Trying to reload what?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"joanne" wrote in message
Please help if you can. Have spent all day updating a vital work

document
and
saved it. On trying to reload the files don't exist apparently

(although
had previously re-loaded my saved copy) the shortcuts in my recent
documents
show 0 kb. Have used search utility and tried everything but they

seemed
have vanished.
Really desperate.
thanks for your urgent help
Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I didnt see any indication to an email messag, but if that was the
case, I suggest you make sure you can see hidden files and folders and
system files (open Explorer, Tools - folder options - view) before you
search again for the file

joanne wrote:

trying to reload the file that I saved

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Trying to reload what?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"joanne" wrote in message
Please help if you can. Have spent all day updating a vital work

document
and
saved it. On trying to reload the files don't exist apparently

(although
had previously re-loaded my saved copy) the shortcuts in my recent
documents
show 0 kb. Have used search utility and tried everything but they

seemed
have vanished.
Really desperate.
thanks for your urgent help
Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

That's what I think. I asked if it was sent via email but the OP hasn't
responded.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Probably in a temp folder because it was opened directly from an email.

so
all may benefit.

joanne wrote:

trying to reload the file that I saved