Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackie D

Default Find & Replace in Word 2003

Hi

Can someone tell me how to search for a particular word and have each
occurrence of the word highlighted with the highlighter tool?

I just did it by accident and it struck me as a really useful function. But
I don't know what I did so I can't repeat it!
--

Many thanks
JD
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Jackie,

I am using Word2000 right now, but this method should work in 2003 as
well.

EditReplaceMore

Type the word you want to hightlight in the find what field.

Type ^& in the replace with field. With the cursor still in that
field, click formathighlight, then replace all

You may find the following Add-in useful:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Find_it_tool_bar.htm

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Problem with function "Find and Replace" in Word. Pat Microsoft Word Help 3 March 16th 05 02:04 PM
Find and Replace Locks Up Word Karine Rivet Microsoft Word Help 0 January 21st 05 11:01 PM