Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Alan is offline

Default How save a string of letters as a macro

I have numerous applications in which the same text is to be inserted into
some form or another such as email or bank, etc.

I would like to create a macro which I could call up with an 'F' key which
would insert that text into the selected box.

Can that be done?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although you say numerous applications, I'm going to assume that you
mean Word, since this is a Word forum.

Don't use a macro. Instead, use either AutoCorrect or AutoText. More
information on these options he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm

If you really want something that works system-wide, google for programs
such as ActiveWords.

Alan wrote:
I have numerous applications in which the same text is to be inserted into
some form or another such as email or bank, etc.

I would like to create a macro which I could call up with an 'F' key which
would insert that text into the selected box.

Can that be done?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you really do need the same text in various programs, try
AutoHotKey (www.autohotkey.com).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Alan wrote:
I have numerous applications in which the same text is to be inserted into
some form or another such as email or bank, etc.

I would like to create a macro which I could call up with an 'F' key which
would insert that text into the selected box.

Can that be done?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Alan is offline

"Alan" wrote:

I have numerous applications in which the same text is to be inserted into
some form or another such as email or bank, etc.

I would like to create a macro which I could call up with an 'F' key which
would insert that text into the selected box.

Can that be done?
Thanks

I think you have given me the information that I needed. The application
is not necessarrily within "Word" since I wish to use the string to simplify
signing in to various sites which require, for example, my email address or
other oft repeated information.

Thanks to both of you
Alan