Laura S

Default Inserting a section break at the bottom margin

Is there any way I can set a section break to occur at the bottom margin of
the page? I am trying to get my guys to use a letter template which needs a
different first page footer, so I want the section break to occur at the
bottom margin. I have tried some different ways, but if they just continue
typing, it pushes the section break to the next page.
Anne Troy

Hi, Laura. Here's exactly how to set up a letterhead template properly. It's
very easy. Just follow the steps carefully.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm

And just in case there's "partners":
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...oft _word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Laura S" wrote in message
news
Is there any way I can set a section break to occur at the bottom margin
of
the page? I am trying to get my guys to use a letter template which needs
different first page footer, so I want the section break to occur at the
bottom margin. I have tried some different ways, but if they just
continue
typing, it pushes the section break to the next page.

SVC

You would be much better off if you use a template that is specifically set
up as a letterhead with a different first page incorporated in the template.
Then you would not need a section break at the bottom of the first page.

See this link:

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"Laura S" wrote:

Is there any way I can set a section break to occur at the bottom margin of
the page? I am trying to get my guys to use a letter template which needs a
different first page footer, so I want the section break to occur at the
bottom margin. I have tried some different ways, but if they just continue
typing, it pushes the section break to the next page.

Laura S

Thanks Anne and apologies - I'm new to discussion groups and didn't quite
explain myself properly. We have pre-printed letterhead with our address
details etc at the bottom and logo at the top so I not only need a different
first page footer, but I need different margins on the second and subsequent
pages. Does this make a difference?

Laura

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Hi, Laura. Here's exactly how to set up a letterhead template properly. It's
very easy. Just follow the steps carefully.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm

And just in case there's "partners":
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...oft _word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Laura S" wrote in message
news
Is there any way I can set a section break to occur at the bottom margin
of
the page? I am trying to get my guys to use a letter template which needs
different first page footer, so I want the section break to occur at the
bottom margin. I have tried some different ways, but if they just
continue
typing, it pushes the section break to the next page.

Graham Mayor

If all you are concerned with is the space required for the pre-printed
letterhead stationery used for the first page, then simply put a borderless
text box in both the first page header and footer, with wrapping set, to
push the text out of the way. This is much better than using a section break
and is transparent to the user.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Hi, Laura. Here's exactly how to set up a letterhead template
properly. It's very easy. Just follow the steps carefully.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm

And just in case there's "partners":
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...oft _word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Laura S" wrote in message
news
Is there any way I can set a section break to occur at the bottom
margin of
the page? I am trying to get my guys to use a letter template
which needs a
different first page footer, so I want the section break to occur
at the bottom margin. I have tried some different ways, but if
they just continue
typing, it pushes the section break to the next page.

Stefan Blom

To create the effect of different margins on the first page, anchor a
text box to the header or footer of the first page layout. Remove the
text box border (to make it invisible) and position it where you need
it to reduce the margins. For details, see the "More complex
letterhead" section of the article at:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Laura S" wrote:

We have pre-printed letterhead with our
address
details etc at the bottom and logo at the top so I not only need a
different
first page footer, but I need different margins on the second and
subsequent
pages. Does this make a difference?

Stefan Blom

Good point. I assumed that the OP was referring to left and right
margins.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Actually, a text box is not required for top or bottom margins, only

left or
right. For top/bottom, some extra Space Before/After suffices.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.