Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
isambi isambi is offline

Default Single/double quotes behave weird...

I am using Office- Word 2003 (11.8106.8107) SP2 on Windows xP SP2.

Since yesterday, I notice that typing single or double quote shows a quote
on the previous character following by some white space where I can't type.
The font of the characters I type after that look wierd too.

I check my language option in Control panel -- Regional... -- Languages
-- Detaisl and It is set to English (United States) - US.

I have checked Start -- Microsoft Office -- Microsoft Office Tools --
Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings. Only item in Enabled Languages is
'English (U.S.). Also, the 'English (U.S.) is the language selected in the
'Choose the language that defines behavior in M/S Office applications' drop
down.

How do I get out of this state ?

Thanks

double quotes do not display until space bar is pressed muzzab Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 20 07:58 AM
double quotes Ron Chapple New Users 3 January 29th 06 11:03 PM
Single and Double Quotes in Data Merge Incorrectly in Word 2003 weigoldk Mailmerge 3 November 9th 05 05:25 AM
Using double quotes in IF results Joey Microsoft Word Help 11 March 1st 05 03:00 AM
How to get mail merge to use double quotes huntbch81 Mailmerge 0 December 23rd 04 10:23 PM