Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mslieder mslieder is offline

Default Menu in Template

I have created a new document with many macros. I have also created a menu in
this document, and a new toolbar. I then saved the document as a template.

When I click File New, I select this new template. The toolbar opens, but
the menu item does not show unless I go into View Toolbars Customize,
click the Commands tab, then in the Save In drop-down, I select the new
template name.

Is there a way to make it so the menu is automatically loaded (just like the
toolbar) when I open this new template (as a new document)?

Thanks,
Anne
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you created the file as a document and did not save it as a template
until after creating the toolbar and macros, your toolbar and macros are
saved in Normal.dot (they almost certainly are anyway. There is no way to
make them visible in new documents based on your document template without
making them visible in *all* new documents. You need to use the Organizer to
move the macros and toolbar from Normal.dot to your document template, then
worry about displaying them.

"mslieder" wrote in message
news
I have created a new document with many macros. I have also created a menu

in
this document, and a new toolbar. I then saved the document as a

template.

When I click File New, I select this new template. The toolbar opens,

but
the menu item does not show unless I go into View Toolbars Customize,
click the Commands tab, then in the Save In drop-down, I select the new
template name.

Is there a way to make it so the menu is automatically loaded (just like

the
toolbar) when I open this new template (as a new document)?

Thanks,
Anne

directory mail merge: auto pop-up template for the final listing?? Ido Mailmerge 3 June 28th 06 02:09 PM
How to Open Template as Template NOT as '.doc' ? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 9 June 27th 06 12:13 AM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
How do I add a Template to my New Document Template Menu? KatQueen Microsoft Word Help 2 April 13th 05 03:51 PM
Global template: Custom menu is slow? HJ Microsoft Word Help 4 February 21st 05 09:55 PM