Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tenacity9 Tenacity9 is offline

Default Word 2003 Protect Document Window Appears in Strange Places

Previously, when I clicked Tools-Protect Document, a nice window appeared on
the right side of my document for me to click the features I wanted.
Appearance of this window automatically reduced the size of my document so I
could still see my entire document, only smaller.

Now, this window appears at the bottom of the screen and covers up the
bottom of my document. If I move it with the mouse to the right side of the
screen, it still covers up the right side of my document.

How do I change the behavior of this window so it goes back to the original?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 06:52:03 -0700, Tenacity9
wrote:

Previously, when I clicked Tools-Protect Document, a nice window appeared on
the right side of my document for me to click the features I wanted.
Appearance of this window automatically reduced the size of my document so I
could still see my entire document, only smaller.

Now, this window appears at the bottom of the screen and covers up the
bottom of my document. If I move it with the mouse to the right side of the
screen, it still covers up the right side of my document.

How do I change the behavior of this window so it goes back to the original?
Thanks.

You're doing the correct thing in dragging the task pane to the right side of
the window, but you have to drag it much farther than you might expect. Almost
the whole task pane has to go past the right edge of the window before it will
snap into the docked position. Also, be careful not to have the top of the task
pane too high, or it will dock horizontally just above the ruler, and you'll
have to start dragging again.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman