Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark12345 Mark12345 is offline

Default How do I get the document map to work properly?

I have word 2007 and I am trying to use the document map to help me around a
very big document. When I select it the bar comes up at the side and when I
select the scroll bar it references the part of the document BUT I can see
nothing in the window and when I release the box the scroll bar position
jumps back up to the top of the scroll bar. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc Luc is offline

Mark,
Are you saying you do not see anything in the document map task pane? Have
you used the built-in heading styles? In that case they should appear
automatically. Or have you created your own styles. Then you can format the
style to use an outline level, in the change styles dialog, click Format
button, click Paragraph, assign an outline level for the style you want to
see in the Document map. That said, if you have done all that and it does
not show, then it may be another issue. I have seen problems with things not
displaying normally in PowerPoint.
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00779.htm
Often in will help if hardware acceleration is turned back. But PPT is not
Word, so maybe someone else will have better ideas.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"Mark12345" schreef in bericht