mooad2005

Default why 'find and replace' does not work with arabic symbols? please h

--
thanks a lot
Daiya Mitchell

This big white space is for sharing details about the problem.

Find and Replace works fine with any language.

(Give no useful information, get no useful information.)

On 6/4/05 8:04 PM, "mooad2005" wrote:

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

mooad2005

thank you Daiya for giving me a time to answer,
now my text is made with arabic bymdols, i have pasted the file which
contain these symbols. into the font folder of the control panel.
In word when i paste any of these symbol in 'find&replace' box it changes
into a compete different symbol like a square or ball ...i want to be able to
select some of them from my text of 600 pages, and edit the color and the
size.
i hope you benefit me from your experience,
thanks million

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

This big white space is for sharing details about the problem.

Find and Replace works fine with any language.

(Give no useful information, get no useful information.)

On 6/4/05 8:04 PM, "mooad2005" wrote:

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Graham Mayor

There is a 'find symbol' macro supplied with Word in macros9.dot. or
downloadable from http://office.microsoft.com/download...supmacros.aspx

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

This big white space is for sharing details about the problem.

Find and Replace works fine with any language.

(Give no useful information, get no useful information.)

On 6/4/05 8:04 PM, "mooad2005" wrote:

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Klaus Linke

If your document uses a very old Arabic font (from Word 6 times), maybe =
Word considers it to be a symbol font.

With any Unicode font and Arabic text, you should be able to copy/paste =
text into "Find what" just fine.

Also, the color of diacritics in Arabic is a style setting, I think. So =
you shouldn't need to use "Find/Replace" and just edit the style.

Maybe you'll find some tool on the net to convert your old Arabic font =
to Unicode. I know such tools exist for many old Greek fonts.

Regards,
Klaus

"mooad2005" wrote:
thank you Daiya for giving me a time to answer,
now my text is made with arabic bymdols, i have pasted the file which=20
contain these symbols. into the font folder of the control panel.=20
In word when i paste any of these symbol in 'find&replace' box it =

changes=20
into a compete different symbol like a square or ball ...i want to be =

able to=20
select some of them from my text of 600 pages, and edit the color =

and the=20
size.
i hope you benefit me from your experience,
thanks million
=20
"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:
=20
This big white space is for sharing details about the problem.
=20
Find and Replace works fine with any language.
=20
(Give no useful information, get no useful information.)
=20
=20
On 6/4/05 8:04 PM, "mooad2005" wrote:
=20
=20
--=20
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: =

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
=20

mooad2005

thank very much graham, i will try what you said

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

This big white space is for sharing details about the problem.

Find and Replace works fine with any language.

(Give no useful information, get no useful information.)

On 6/4/05 8:04 PM, "mooad2005" wrote:

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Find and Replace GREEK symbols in XP, 2K & 97 Jazz Microsoft Word Help 3 April 8th 05 08:13 PM
how can I carry out a find and replace within a Word header mike@ukcca Microsoft Word Help 1 March 12th 05 04:30 PM
Can't get Replace to work BruceM Microsoft Word Help 5 February 22nd 05 01:49 AM
Find and Replace Michael R New Users 11 January 22nd 05 05:31 PM
Find and Replace anomaly BruceM Microsoft Word Help 7 January 18th 05 05:47 PM