I_AM_SAM

Default How can a user change the default date in a form field?

I want to have a form field with the current date as the default, but once
the form is protected, I want the user to be able to change the date if
necessary. How do I do this?

Also, I have a form field that performs a sum calculation. How do I get it
to update automatically if changes are made to the cells it is summing? I
know how to do this when the form is unprotected, but when it is protected
"update fields" or F9 doesn't work because I can't select the field.
Anne Troy

Hi, Sam. I cannot answer part 1, but I can answer part 2. Go into the fields
on which your sum is dependent and choose Calculate on Exit. (I have a
screenshot at:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm)
To update all fields, just Ctrl+A, then F9.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com